This picture was taken last month on our drive to the airport. Lya is very into wearing her sunglasses and talking on the phone these days. It always cracks me up to look in my rearview mirror and see this.
I have been horrible about posting lately. I just haven’t had much energy or time since we’re back. And when I do I don’t feel like blogging. Hopefully that will change again soon.
I finished up and sent off the wedding pictures last week. I now need to spend some time organizing all of my computer photo files and editing a few pics along the way. One of the things I’m hoping to work on this week is putting together Lya’s 1-year baby book. A friend gave us a great baby book as a gift when we adopted Lya. I really love the book and hope to put it altogether during the next few weeks. It covers the first year together as an (adoptive) family–so technically I have all the info I need to finish it up.
I also have a stained glass window that is in-progress. It is all set up in the unfinished part of our basement. Before it gets too cold, I’d like try to finish that. It is for our downstairs bathroom and I started it last year when we remodeled the bathroom. I’ll post pictures once I start working on it again.
Really want I want to work on though is sewing and quilting. This weekend I spent some time in my studio again. Unfortuantely my sewing machine is still not working, so that time was spent just cleaning and organizing. Oh, and making a list of all I would be doing IF my machine was working properly. This week I am definitely taking it back to the shop with a written page of what is going wrong. HOPEFULLY by the end of the month this will all be in the past. FINALLY. Sewing–and especially quilting–are just such great winter activities. As soon as it gets cold, that’s what I want to be doing. And yes, it has been cold.
Okay, one funny detail from our home these days. Lya has taken to locking the cat door that goes between the basement and main part of the house. Poor, Mona. I can tell it stresses her out. She’s been locked both upstairs and downstairs. We finally discovered this after a few weeks of Mona randomly peeing upstairs in our bathroom. We couldn’t figure out what was going on. We were so pissed off at her. Nick was ready to make her an outside cat. I was about to take her to the vet to see if there was something else wrong. And finally I figured out that she was locked out of the basement, away from her litter box. Great. We felt horrible and while we’re much quicker to catch on now-preventing actual mishaps-she has unfortuantely been locked out one way or the other a few more times. Nick and I really need to check it multiple times a day.